Question Is my RTX GPU dying/dead?

Feb 16, 2019
I bought this pc from iBuyPower about 3 weeks ago

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2070
CPU: i7-8700
MOBO: MSI b360M PRO-VDh
RAM: Unknown Brand 2x8GB 2666mhz DDR4
SSD: ADATA SU800

Worked fine for 2 and a half weeks, but suddenly started experiencing a crash I've never seen before. Horizontal lines of multicolored "XD"s (written vertically) appear on screen, and within a couple of seconds the computer completely freezes.

It'll sometimes be followed by the blue screen, with a "VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR". I have also seen an error message, just once for a couple seconds that said "Video card has been removed" followed by "must be destroyed and repaired". I never got the chance to read the full thing, but I made sure everything was plugged in properly.
It has happened while playing games and streaming video. iBuyPower just wants to send me a new GPU, but running a UserBenchmark shows that my CPU is running in the first percentile (horrendous), RAM doing nearly as bad, and SSD performing a little better. Everything performing below average except my GPU, performing average. Is this an issue with my GPU? I don't want to go through all the hassle of sending my old GPU, waiting for the new one, just for that not to be the issue.