Question Is my SSD dying?

May 16, 2023
Hi all! I have a crucial mx300 from my previous build that has some worrying looking S.M.A.R.T data but it's possible I might be reading it wrong. Could someone more knowledgeable please help me interpret this and let me know if I should replace it soon?
zNJTBRb.png

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all! I have a crucial mx300 from my previous build that has some worrying looking S.M.A.R.T data but it's possible I might be reading it wrong. Could someone more knowledgeable please help me interpret this and let me know if I should replace it soon?
zNJTBRb.png
I don't see any "worrying" SMART data.

BUT, any storage media can die at ANY time. The only protection is an automated backup routine.

Reactions: mdamian
May 16, 2023
I don't see any "worrying" SMART data.

BUT, any storage media can die at ANY time. The only protection is an automated backup routine.
Thank you for your reply, what I thought looked off was the reported uncorrectable errors. Does that value of 8502 not really mean anything? I was under the impression from a few posts I've read that anything > 0 wasn't ideal

Also that's great advice about backups, I'll definitely look into setting that up for my important documents

Read Error Rate, Reallocated NAND Block Count, Reported Uncorrectable Errors, Reallocation Event Count and Write Error Rate look bad. The Reallocated NAND Block Count (0x367 = 871) is telling you that half the allotted spare blocks have been used up (53% = 100 - 47).

IMO, it's time to backup and replace the drive.

Last edited: