Question Is my ssd overcooled in my laptop? will It shorten the ssds lifespan?

remijado

Prominent
Nov 7, 2021
Hello all, i have recently purchased a lenovo thinkpad e14 gen 2 laptop and repasted it and i noticed lenovo uses the back of the laptop to cool the ssd and uses a thermal pad to do so.

I have monitored the ssd temps while running a crystal disk mark test and the temperatures of the nand flash never get over 30 degrees celsius, the controller never got over 45 degrees.

I know ssd controllers are happier when running cooler, but i have heard nand flash does not like running cool and the nand flash usually stays at 23-25 degrees while im using the laptop.

so is my ssd nand flash being overcooled, or should i just leave the thermal pad as it is.
(The ssd is a single chip package)
the ssd is a SKHynix_HFM256GD3HX015N. Thanks for the help.

Hello all, i have recently purchased a lenovo thinkpad e14 gen 2 laptop and repasted it and i noticed lenovo uses the back of the laptop to cool the ssd and uses a thermal pad to do so.

I have monitored the ssd temps while running a crystal disk mark test and the temperatures of the nand flash never get over 30 degrees celsius, the controller never got over 45 degrees.

I know ssd controllers are happier when running cooler, but i have heard nand flash does not like running cool and the nand flash usually stays at 23-25 degrees while im using the laptop.

so is my ssd nand flash being overcooled, or should i just leave the thermal pad as it is.
(The ssd is a single chip package)
the ssd is a SKHynix_HFM256GD3HX015N. Thanks for the help.
Unless running it in Alaska or Siberia outside in dead of winter, don't worry but rejoice.