[SOLVED] Is my Thermaltake SMART 650W compatible with AMD 5700X CPU?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2841972
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2841972

Hi, is my Thermaltake SMART 650W compatible with AMD 5700X CPU? I have no idea about PSU cables, would I face with any cable or outlet problem?

AMD Ryzen 5700X CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700X | AMD
MSI B550-A PRO motherboard: B550-A PRO (msi.com)
Thermaltake SMART 650W Bronze: couldn't find the official link, here are some alternatives:
1- Thermaltake SP-650PCBEU SP 650W APFC 12cm Fanlı 80+ Bronze Power Supply - incehesap.com
2- Thermaltake Smartpower 650W 80+ Bronze 14cm Fanlı Power Fiyatı (hepsiburada.com)
3- Thermaltake Smart 650w Güç Kaynağı (SP-650PCBEU) (webdenal.com)

But this is what I found on the box of my PSU: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I already ordered the motherboard and the CPU, however I never thought about PSU side. Please let me know if I will face any problem. Thanks.

Solution
Recently I use MSI GTX 1060 6G at 1080p. I know that I will face with bottleneck but I don't really mind since I don't really increase the graphics quality of the games I play, plus I don't plus much game that requires great GPUs. Since I am upgrading from an i5 7600k (4.7GHz overclocked), I believe I will be glad to buy this CPU.
If I can catch a deal, I am considering to upgrade my PSU first, then the GPU.

What are your thoughts about this, am I making a really bad decision or is it understandable?

It'll be an upgrade, but you really have to get out of this PSU. It's an ultra-cheap, group-regulated Sirfa platform from 15 years ago, designed to run the CPUs of 25 years ago. Thermaltake slapped the SMART label on these and...

DSzymborski

Titan
It's compatible, but this isn't really the relevant question. What GPU are you using? The Thermaltake SMART PSUs are junk-tier PSUs, and shouldn't be used with any GPUs requiring supplementary power. And if you're using a 5700X, you should be using some GPU.

D

Deleted member 2841972

It's compatible, but this isn't really the relevant question. What GPU are you using? The Thermaltake SMART PSUs are junk-tier PSUs, and shouldn't be used with any GPUs requiring supplementary power. And if you're using a 5700X, you should be using some GPU.
Recently I use MSI GTX 1060 6G at 1080p. I know that I will face with bottleneck but I don't really mind since I don't really increase the graphics quality of the games I play, plus I don't plus much game that requires great GPUs. Since I am upgrading from an i5 7600k (4.7GHz overclocked), I believe I will be glad to buy this CPU.

What are your thoughts about this, am I making a really bad decision or is it understandable?

DSzymborski

Titan

It'll be an upgrade, but you really have to get out of this PSU. It's an ultra-cheap, group-regulated Sirfa platform from 15 years ago, designed to run the CPUs of 25 years ago. Thermaltake slapped the SMART label on these and either sold them cheaply or stuffed in some RGB and sold them slightly less cheaply.

The PSU tier list housed here will slowly get out of date in coming years (the maintainer had issues with following rules), but it's still useful.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2841972

It'll be an upgrade, but you really have to get out of this PSU. It's an ultra-cheap, group-regulated Sirfa platform from 15 years ago, designed to run the CPUs of 25 years ago. Thermaltake slapped the SMART label on these and either sold them cheaply or stuffed in some RGB and sold them slightly less cheaply.

The PSU tier list housed here will slowly get out of date in coming years (the maintainer had issues with following rules), but it's still useful.

I still need to use this PSU for at least a few months since I spent all my budget for the motherboard and the cpu. Since I am going to use this PSU for some more time, can you please tell if I would face with any cable connectivity or insufficiency problem? Will I be able to use my PC without issue? I mean in short, would it run?

DSzymborski

Titan
I still need to use this PSU for at least a few months since I spent all my budget for the motherboard and the cpu. Since I am going to use this PSU for some more time, can you please tell if I would face with any cable connectivity or insufficiency problem? Will I be able to use my PC without issue? I mean in short, would it run?

It'll run, but there will continue to be significant risk, as there has been all the time you've been using that PSU with this GPU. Unfortunately, you upgraded the stereo before fixing the brakes.

Then you didn't use your budget well at all. As said above, you fixed the stereo and neglected the brakes.

I'd start saving for a new power supply if you plan any kind of graphics upgrade.

D

Deleted member 2841972

Then you didn't use your budget well at all. As said above, you fixed the stereo and neglected the brakes.

I'd start saving for a new power supply if you plan any kind of graphics upgrade.
2 days ago I bought Sharkoon SilentStorm 750W Gold wish is a low priority A tier PSU in the list.