Question Is my video card slowly dying?

I am wondering if my video card is having issues internally, ( RTX 2060 SL2 not over-tuned, left it stock) something the screen will blank out for unknown reasons, but running hwinfo I am noticing this "heat spot" mention which I consider pretty high while playing, is this normal (not hitting 100 yet)
I have redone the paste on the heat sink and replaced the fan (it was making some noises) no screen is going "off" as of last week ...

zoLXcgy.png

Last edited:
I so knew that question was coming to be asked, Cosrsair 750W CX-M so about 4 years old. 4 fans on case 2 exhaust on top and rear and 2 front on the radiator all are 120mm , case is NZXT glass side with space for the front 3 fan area with exhausts top and bottom, I don't recall was it is called but Plenty of space for air to circulate. The hottest reported while gaming the CPU is a cool 70c average 51c

the video card only has a single Fan on it. its reported correctly by GPU Z as https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/evga-rtx-2060-xc-black.b6625
EVGA RTX 2060 XC Black

I have run GPU Burn in on Furmark and it sits at a pretty 76c for 30 mins. I only game at 1920x1080

Last edited:
i woul worry more about your m2 drive not having heatsink, disadvantage of your fan setup is that CPU is gettin cold air from outside, but flushes hot air to your GPU, which in translation means your GPU doesnt have cold air to start from...but you can increase GPU fan rpm, that will make it louder, but it would move air a bit faster

case is NZXT glass side with space for the front 3 fan area with exhausts top and bottom, I don't recall was it is called
AIO radiator should be mounted upside/down (hoses connected at bottom of the radiator).
Currently you have air bubble circulating from top of the radiator to cpu block.

What is exact model name of the pc case?
Does it have closed front?
Are there any front vents?
Does that case allow installation of AIO radiator in top position?

We could probably identify case model, if you showed photo of the case front.

i would worry more about your m2 drive not having a heatsink, disadvantage of your fan setup is that CPU is gettin cold air from outside, but flushes hot air to your GPU, which in translation means your GPU doesn't have cold air to start from...but you can increase GPU fan rpm, that will make it louder, but it would move air a bit faster

I have been thinking about the M2 heatsink issue, thanks for the reminder, but it's not addressing my Graphic Processor Unit question.
All fans Blow outward as mentioned earlier. Fresh air coming from the rear of the case as you can clearly see the wide amount of perforated holes right next to the GPU.
I have the fan controlled separately correct it does go to 100% at about 70c, and IS the only way it keeps from going over 80c.

AIO radiator should be mounted upside/down (hoses connected at bottom of the radiator).
Currently, you have air bubble circulating from top of the radiator to cpu block.

Thanks for the tip on the radiator, I'll flip it around, this does not address the Graphic Processor Unit question.
As when the "monitors freeze then blank out", the computer continues to function; the game will run still or video watching at the time runs anyways so it is not a burping CPU causing the issue. but I do appreciate your suggestion.
---
I thank you all that pointing out some technicalities to my 4-year-old build that suddenly is having GPU issues.
Just as a heads up I have 2 "Identical" computers and I mean all hardware and fans/case are identical in both, and this unit is the only one causing issues.

From what I read here, things I should do in order;
Precautionary:
I will flip the radiator because it makes sense to do so, sure will not hurt the CPU for sure.
Heatsink for the M2, precautionary is always a good thing.

Addressing graphics card issue:
I need to add one of those triple fan slot devices to increase airflow to the card. (see image below)
I need to replace the aging PSU.
Lastly, bite the bullet and replace the aged video card that is showing issues.

1cMBH8p.png

CsDF7O8.png

Patrick

So I want to say thank you for all the ideas and until I get the additional "fans to blow air into the video card there is been no change in the results regarding "airflow" in the case

this is before, red indicating hot air, green fresh air, also apologizing to whom asked, were correct to assume the radiator was drawing hot air into the case, I thought I had the fans set pushing out.

AIOzCfX.png

now after adding the SSD heat sink (btw wow 32'c difference cooler with this highly recommended device )
and reversing the top rear fan and the radiator fans (as well as flipping the radiator around to prevent air to reach the pump and burn it up) we have a system looking like this...

PiLUFin.png

I ran a 30 min furmark on the video card and temp still sits at 78-81c with fan running at 99%
so I guess Ill have to wait for the addon twin fans to see,