Is NiceHash Bitcoin Miner a Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicLegendsHD

Reputable
Dec 6, 2015
I want to get into bitcoin mining but when installing a program called "nicehash" my PC detects it as a trojan titled "W32.Bitcoinminer" or something along those lines. Do you guys have any ideas?

Solution

What is your PC setup? Also Nicehash miner is safe, I always get anti-virus blocking this software (plus sub-software) but reason for that is: there's a lot of malware that has mining software attached to it, so unsuspecting users have their PCs mining without their knowledge. So in turn, anti-virus companies have 'Black-listed' these types of...

CryptoLord

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017

What is your PC setup? Also Nicehash miner is safe, I always get anti-virus blocking this software (plus sub-software) but reason for that is: there's a lot of malware that has mining software attached to it, so unsuspecting users have their PCs mining without their knowledge. So in turn, anti-virus companies have 'Black-listed' these types of programs.

Solution

ILikeAMD

Commendable
May 31, 2016

I know this is an old thread but Ethereum mining has become popular now and there are no asics for it and so GPU mining is viable. With an RX 480 I earn 3x more money than it costs in electricity.

CaptainPig

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017

Does that mean that I should allow Norton to continue blocking NiceHash? Or do I not gain any money if I leave it like that?

juanzepezauer

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018

Nicehash doesn't mine bitcoin it sells your computer's power to other miners and pays you in bitcoin, it is perfectly safe

CryptoLord

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017

Allow Nicehash & the mining algorithms (eg. NsGpuCNMiner.exe, EthDcrMiner64.exe, etc) on Norton. Having Norton block Nicehash & its mining algos will prevent you from mining properly if at all. You wouldn't want your potential profits to be lost due to antivirus software.

Status
Not open for further replies.