Question Is overclocking safe?

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
Yes it is safe. Just follow a guide and don't do big steps up. The system can crash if you overdo it, but it will not damage the system. Just make sure your temps are ok under load when OC.

I want to overclock gtx 1050 and i don't know is it safe.

No it's not safe. Even just turning on power at full-on stock settings is fraught with hazard... take a look at in-rush current and share my terrors.

In the end everything in life is just a balancing of the risk-reward equation so if I want to play a game I have to turn it on. The same with if you want a tad more performance... you'll just have to take appropriate care and not go to far. But don't do it if you aren't getting any real improvement because, if there's no reward there's no balancing the equation. And nature hates unbalanced things.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

Dominum_vestri

Commendable
Jan 14, 2020
No it's not safe. Even just turning on power at full-on stock settings is fraught with hazard... take a look at in-rush current and share my terrors.

In the end everything in life is just a balancing of the risk-reward equation so if I want to play a game I have to turn it on. The same with if you want a tad more performance... you'll just have to take appropriate care and not go to far. But don't do it if you aren't getting any real improvement because, if there's no reward there's no balancing the equation. And nature hates unbalanced things.
My settings after OC: Core Clock: 250 / Memory Clock: 200
rest is on normal
i test in one benchmark.
before OC: ~4000 (score)
after OC: ~4500 (score)

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Should be fine with that oc if it's stable.Download and run Heaven benchmark .If it's not stable the benchmark will cause artifacts or crash.In any hardware it's a risk reason why retails etc void warranty if you oc and it blows/breaks.But out of personal experience i have done oc 100 of times and never had a problem.Hell even my core2duo are oced from 3ghz to 3.6ghz

Dominum_vestri

Commendable
Jan 14, 2020
Should be fine with that oc if it's stable.Download and run Heaven benchmark .If it's not stable the benchmark will cause artifacts or crash.In any hardware it's a risk reason why retails etc void warranty if you oc and it blows/breaks.But out of personal experience i have done oc 100 of times and never had a problem.Hell even my core2duo are oced from 3ghz to 3.6ghz
i used superposition benchmark and it was good.