Question Is playing a game with no GPU fans bad?

Nov 1, 2022
I currently have an EVGA RTX 3090 FTW im playing the new Modern Warfare 2 on the lowest setting so when I go to check my GPU temp it always stay around 53c or 54c. I read that the 3090 GPU fan start is set to start at temp higher than 55c. My question is if it’s bad to continue to play with the GPU topping at 54c with no GPU fans on or should I go to X1 and change the fan curve from auto and turn them on so they can cool down the card. Thank you!

Nov 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When in Auto, what sort % does the fans come on at when the GPU's taxed? I'd try and get the fans to operate at the lowest possible RPM(not 0/zero) to protect your investment...as opposed to going full 0(zero)db mode.
So I just ran a different game that is a little more demanding for the GPU and the fans came on at 65 degrees Celsius currently sitting at 56% with 1765 rpm on each fan. With modern warfare 2 both the RPM and % sit at 0 with 54c im fairly new to PC and I apologize if I don’t make sense. Should I just set my fans speed to a low number just to have them cooling the card when the fan start temp is not met? Thank you again!