Question Is Prime Z370 P good?

Gigabyte is not available in my country. There couple of them but they almost cost as rog z370. The only available option at acceptable price is z370 prime and i was wondering if its good

Be aware that the Asus Prime Z370-P will not accept a 9th gen chip like the 9600K without a BIOS update. The BIOS update will require an 8th gen chip in order to be completed. It is possible that the store may do that for you but you will have to ask.

The ASUS PRIME Z370-P II will accept both 8th and 9th generation Intel chips.

You can never be sure what kind of overclock you will achieve with any particular MB. Although the MB and the cooling can influence the maximum overclock, the most important factor is to get a good chip, also known as the silicon lottery.

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
Actually i wasnt gonna buy the 9600k immediately. I was planning to get i3 8100 for 90$ and and stay with it untill the next year when i get some money in hand i buy the 9600k.
So the Z370 p II does support 9gn out of the box? Good i didnt know that now i dont have to update the bios. Now the only thing i need to know is if i get a decent cooler is this motherboard capable of overclocking?

Actually i wasnt gonna buy the 9600k immediately. I was planning to get i3 8100 for 90$ and and stay with it untill the next year when i get some money in hand i buy the 9600k.
So the Z370 p II does support 9gn out of the box? Good i didnt know that now i dont have to update the bios. Now the only thing i need to know is if i get a decent cooler is this motherboard capable of overclocking?

I don't know what else to say. I think I've already answered that.

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
I don't know what else to say. I think I've already answered that.
Ok nevermind about the Z370 i just realized i can get an i5 8400 with a cheaper mb and have similar performance to 9600k with potato motherboard.
Now my question is this mb prime b360m-A good for i5 8400? Can i run the cpu at its full power with this? thanks