[SOLVED] Is prime95 still the best burnin tool? (Testing conductonaut liquid metal)

jasonmbrown

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2012
Testing out my conductonaut thermal paste. It seems to be a-lot more unstable at lower temps (Like im consistantly jumping all over between 45c and 50c but when it gets hot it seems to stabled out).

However my hottest temp is 81c under prime95 after running for about 10 minutes, (this is on laptop) Its only about 2degrees colder then the IC Diamond Paste. Did I do something wrong?... I was expecting to get more performance but Im guessing the issue is that the Cooling system cant dissipate the heat quickly enough.

Also whats a good burnin tool for gpu? Normally I would use Furmark.

(Just tested using furmark I think I didnt apply the liquid metal well enough to my cpu, since my gpu temps wouldnt go above 65 with furmarks burn-in mode, however I would like to confirm this with another tool if anyone can recommend one please)

Last edited:
Solution
Testing out my conductonaut thermal paste. It seems to be a-lot more unstable at lower temps (Like im consistantly jumping all over between 45c and 50c but when it gets hot it seems to stabled out).

However my hottest temp is 81c under prime95 after running for about 10 minutes, (this is on laptop) Its only about 2degrees colder then the IC Diamond Paste. Did I do something wrong?... I was expecting to get more performance but Im guessing the issue is that the Cooling system cant dissipate the heat quickly enough.

(Just tested using furmark I think I didnt apply the liquid metal well enough to my cpu, since my gpu temps wouldnt go above 65 with furmarks burn-in...

(Just tested using furmark I think I didnt apply the liquid metal well enough to my cpu, since my gpu temps wouldnt go above 65 with furmarks burn-in mode, however I would like to confirm this with another tool if anyone can recommend one please)
I use Kryonaut myself as Conductonaut is slightly electrically conductive.

P95 is a harsh test for CPU thermal testing and with the wrong algorithm can actually overheat the CPU. If a worker stops, It don't tell you why.

Aida64 is a more advanced, less aggressive Stress Test and will also test your CPU, FPU, Cache, RAM, GPU and Disk with better monitoring graphs.

Another excellent test is ROG Realbench which uses real world algorithms and if you can past that test then your system is 100% stable.

Last edited:
Solution

jasonmbrown

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2012
I Redid the liquid metal on my cpu and temps dropped 10c, My temps are at 71c now prime95.

However Its not sticking correctly to the copper... keeps oxidizing, not sure if there's I can do about it. Although I will post the adhering question in the hardware/overclock forum just thought id follow up and say I definitely didn't apply it well enough to my cpu.