Is Razer synapse malicious?

G

Hello there,
I just bought a Razer deathadder World Of tanks edition and I heard I need Razer synapse or the mouse would be useless for gaming. I use Windows 10 btw. I heard that this program data mines and is spyware and tracks and collects private info I haven't found s detailed article or video on this problem.. Is this true guys? Please help me I'm actually worried.

Thanks and have a nice day! :)

Solution
I doubt Razer is doing anything that shady but I wouldn't be surprised if it is low key harvesting some data. Everything seems to do that now a days. The program is fine besides being a little annoying and intrusive. I've heard complaints about Synapse causing slight input lag or making the sensor perform wacky but personally I haven't noticed with my Deathadder 2013 or Chroma but I do uninstall Synapse once I change my mouse to 1000hz and 400dpi just because I don't want 345234524 random things running at once.

WhatTheWaffle

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
Razer Synapse is not a virus, it just controls how your mouse and keyboard works really. You're okay, however some users complained that their mouse was broke yet it was just the app not working. That's another issue though so never mind.

Chicken-Select

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
I doubt Razer is doing anything that shady but I wouldn't be surprised if it is low key harvesting some data. Everything seems to do that now a days. The program is fine besides being a little annoying and intrusive. I've heard complaints about Synapse causing slight input lag or making the sensor perform wacky but personally I haven't noticed with my Deathadder 2013 or Chroma but I do uninstall Synapse once I change my mouse to 1000hz and 400dpi just because I don't want 345234524 random things running at once.

Solution