is Rocketfish a good brand

hijaxhfx

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Is rocketfish a good name? i don't know much about sound cards? i might be buying one for $15 just waiting on the specs on the card

Solution
Rocketfish is owned and operated by Best Buy. Think of it as their version of a generic brand of cereal... its made by some brand name or other but they slapped their own branding on it. Most are low end, but most of their stuff is fine. Over a short distance, a HDMI cable is a HDMI cable; a cell phone charger is a cell phone charger; a SATA cable is a SATA cable. I could go on, but you get the gist.

When it comes to sound cards, if you just need sound and nothing fancy for say, a 2.1 speaker set, it'll do you fine. If you're looking for high-end 7.1 surround with enthusiast controls and options, forget about it.

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Rocketfish is owned and operated by Best Buy. Think of it as their version of a generic brand of cereal... its made by some brand name or other but they slapped their own branding on it. Most are low end, but most of their stuff is fine. Over a short distance, a HDMI cable is a HDMI cable; a cell phone charger is a cell phone charger; a SATA cable is a SATA cable. I could go on, but you get the gist.

When it comes to sound cards, if you just need sound and nothing fancy for say, a 2.1 speaker set, it'll do you fine. If you're looking for high-end 7.1 surround with enthusiast controls and options, forget about it.

Solution