[SOLVED] Is RX 580 compatible with Emx-a70fm2+icafe

Aug 2, 2020
Hello guys,

I'm buying a RX 580 right now for future upgrades, tho I don't have the money yet to upgrade my motherboard and CPU.
So is RX 580 (4gb) compatible with Emx-a70fm2+icafe

Solution
With that processor, Rx 580 maybe overkill, Rx 570 or even 470 would be better match and you may be able to afford it sooner.

Hi @CountMike

I agree with you, but that was not the OP's question and he had not initially listed out his specs, even if it was based around an FM2 based CPU/Mobo. He also said later said he'd be updating in 3-4 months in which case, a 580 may work great with whatever new hardware he gets, but until we know for sure, it's difficult to answer. Will the GPU work with his system now? Yes. Is it overkill for his current CPU, yes. Does his PSU pose a potential issue, yes as we do not know the exact make & model. That it's a Korean brand isn't enough to go buy as to whether or not it's sufficient.

Hi...
Aug 2, 2020
Hi @Jan0517

Yes it is. Here are your motherboards specs and an older post here on Tom's offering a 2nd opinion. :)

Whats the rest of your systems specs & how long until you can upgrade to newer parts?

Most importantly whats your PSU? The 580 is a thirsty card.

Hi Mrgr74,

Here are my system' specs:

CPU: Amd A4-6300
MOBO: Emx-a70fm2-icafe
RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) DDR3 1600hz
PSU: 450 Watts (True rated korean brand, can't read the logo)

Probably atleast 3-4 months for now.

bignastyid

Titan
Hi Mrgr74,

Here are my system' specs:

CPU: Amd A4-6300
MOBO: Emx-a70fm2-icafe
RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) DDR3 1600hz
PSU: 450 Watts (True rated korean brand, can't read the logo)

Probably atleast 3-4 months for now.

That PSU is not going to handle an RX 580, even a RX 570/470 would likely have issues as your PSU is most likely a rebranded generic that can't actually deliver 450w where it counts., atleast that would be the norm for off brand "true rated" psus.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
With that processor, Rx 580 maybe overkill, Rx 570 or even 470 would be better match and you may be able to afford it sooner.

Hi @CountMike

I agree with you, but that was not the OP's question and he had not initially listed out his specs, even if it was based around an FM2 based CPU/Mobo. He also said later said he'd be updating in 3-4 months in which case, a 580 may work great with whatever new hardware he gets, but until we know for sure, it's difficult to answer. Will the GPU work with his system now? Yes. Is it overkill for his current CPU, yes. Does his PSU pose a potential issue, yes as we do not know the exact make & model. That it's a Korean brand isn't enough to go buy as to whether or not it's sufficient.

Hi @Jan0517,

Have you been using the onboard HD 8370D? Do you have another GPU you are using? If so, even if it's not the best, (and I'm pretty sure most would agree) you'd be better served in upgrading the rest of your system 1st vs buying a GPU. Whats the primary use of your PC? Basic use? Gaming? If finances are tight, you may want to give a thought to a Ryzen APU. I just built my neighbor a system based around the R5 3400G and its more than capable.

When you are ready to start ordering parts, let us know your budget and you'll get a ton of suggestions within your budget.

Not sure where you live, but have you played around with theory crafting a system for yourself? Regardless of your tech knowledge, PCPartsPicker is a great tool to use as it lists general prices and parts that are compatible with one another saving you the headache of trying to find out if Part A works with Part C.

US Site
UK Site

Let us know how it goes! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan0517
Solution