Question Is Ryzen 5 2600 good enough for Video editing, Gaming and Streaming to Youtube?

Absolutely....it's a VERY popular choice, offering good performance and value..

It's average frame rates can sometimes be up to 35-40% lower than i5-8600K/9600K and above when using the very best GPUS, but, calling 100 fps 'slow' compared to 135% fps, etc., is debatable....(and you would not have that level of disparity unless using the very best GPUs...)

(You can view a cross section of assorted processors' performance at various resolutions below...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rOVfeujof4&t=566s

And the R5-2600 will certainly more than saturate a GTX1060...(a faster processor would give minimal improvement to 1080P/high detail framerates on most modern games)

Reactions: Anubis666
Feb 13, 2019
Absolutely....it's a VERY popular choice, offering good performance and value..

It's average frame rates can sometimes be up to 35-40% lower than i5-8600K/9600K and above when using the very best GPUS, but, calling 100 fps 'slow' compared to 135% fps, etc., is debatable....(and you would not have that level of disparity unless using the very best GPUs...)

(You can view a cross section of assorted processors' performance at various resolutions below...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rOVfeujof4&t=566s

And the R5-2600 will certainly more than saturate a GTX1060...(a faster processor would give minimal improvement to 1080P/high detail framerates on most modern games)

What about in the case of Video Editing and when compare with i5 8400?

Cioby

Distinguished
Then just buy it, but you also need a motherboard and RAM (maybe). I can't tell you which RAM works best with your CPU, I researched for my 8700k before upgrading.
Theoretically as high above 2666 as you can for a decent price, you won't get much performance value from RAM.

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
The Ryzen 2600 is more than adequate for video editing. It won't be the quickest but it'll do it. The one I would say however is that if you're premier it takes advantage of the built in GPUs in Intel processors. As for motherboard, anything with a B450 chip set is good enough, unless you're planning to add a crap load of PCI express expansion cards / stroage. If so then go for a X470 board. That'll increase the cost however. Memory wise, the quicker the better. The good news is the process have gone down drastically. I would go for a 16GB 3200 set which you'll be able to pick up for around $100.

I hope that helps,

Jim.

Feb 13, 2019
@Everyone

I have picked rest of the components already, b450 based..
My 6 year good old PC died. And there is no exact date for ryzen 3000 series price..
And i have to wait like 5-6 months for new ryzen to come into the market.
If 2600 will do all the work I needed and coming future then i'm happy with 2nd gen ryzen..

TRENDING THREADS