[SOLVED] Is Ryzen Master still active

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
Months ago, I installed Ryzen Master, but honestly, I couldn't really figure it out, so I just uninstalled it (especially after reading that most people's gains were minimal). Anyway, recently I've been playing around with overclocking my ram and using Aida64 and the much unloved UserBenchmark to compare my results and I noticed my Ryzen 2600x CPU is at the top of the charts on Userbenchmark. I'm wondering if I just hit the silicon lottery jackpot or if something of Ryzen Master got left behind after it's uninstall. Does anyone know of something I can look for in Windows which would indicate that Ryzen Master is still (at least in part) active? Here's a link to my UserBenchmark results if anyone is interested. In single threaded or lightly threaded applications it looks like my lowly 2600x holds it's own against even the 3000 series chips.

Asrock B450M Pro4 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Solution
Hey there,

If you've installed Ryzen master it won't remove any changes that are made, you need to reset bios to clear.

In terms of your userbench results, firstly I would say, the results are pretty good, but userbench is not a great tool to compare 'actual' performance. Running something like Geekbench, or Cinebench will allow you to compare your results directly to a 3600/x or 5600x. I suspect that whilst you will be close, a 3xxx CPU should be faster by default.
Months ago, I installed Ryzen Master, but honestly, I couldn't really figure it out, so I just uninstalled it (especially after reading that most people's gains were minimal). Anyway, recently I've been playing around with overclocking my ram and using Aida64 and the much unloved UserBenchmark to compare my results and I noticed my Ryzen 2600x CPU is at the top of the charts on Userbenchmark. I'm wondering if I just hit the silicon lottery jackpot or if something of Ryzen Master got left behind after it's uninstall. Does anyone know of something I can look for in Windows which would indicate that Ryzen Master is still (at least in part) active? Here's a link to my UserBenchmark results if anyone is interested. In single threaded or lightly threaded applications it looks like my lowly 2600x holds it's own against even the 3000 series chips.

Asrock B450M Pro4 Performance Results - UserBenchmark
If used for overclocking RM will make some changes in CMOS/BIOS and will not return them to default unless you click on "Default button" before uninstall or reset CMOS.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Hey there,

If you've installed Ryzen master it won't remove any changes that are made, you need to reset bios to clear.

In terms of your userbench results, firstly I would say, the results are pretty good, but userbench is not a great tool to compare 'actual' performance. Running something like Geekbench, or Cinebench will allow you to compare your results directly to a 3600/x or 5600x. I suspect that whilst you will be close, a 3xxx CPU should be faster by default.

Solution

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
Hmmm, while attempting to stabilize my memory at higher frequencies, I've had to use the clear Cmos jumper on my motherboard several times after Ryzen Master was uninstalled so I guess any changes it made to the bios have been cleared.

Reactions: CountMike