[SOLVED] Is samsung portable t5 1tb ssd good for gaming?

May 17, 2019
Hello guys
I've decided to buy a new external ssd(samsung t5 1tb) for gaming so i can use it for my pc and laptop as well also both of them support usb 3.1 type c gen2.
so my question is:

Is it as fast as the samsung evo 860 500gb sata 3?

How much difference is between samsung 860 evo 500gb and samsung t5 1tb?

Is it harmful to play games like(pubg,rust,gta v,mortal kombat11,read dead2) on external ssd for a long period of time? Or it is just same as the samsung 860 evo and other sata 3 ssd devices?

Is usb type c connector strong enough to handle 24/7 gaming just like sata3?

Will it get hot?

Solution
It should be about as fast as any SATA 3 SSD. It shouldn't get too hot, not to the point that it is harmful anyway, as gaming isn't too disk intensive (once the game has loaded). USB 3.1 Gen2 is plenty for that SSD, as it can handle up to 1250MB/s, and the SSD only reaches 560MB/s maximum. A USB Type-C cable can handle far more data than SATA 3 can, so you should be fine overall.

Daquirtle

Commendable
Aug 6, 2017
It should be about as fast as any SATA 3 SSD. It shouldn't get too hot, not to the point that it is harmful anyway, as gaming isn't too disk intensive (once the game has loaded). USB 3.1 Gen2 is plenty for that SSD, as it can handle up to 1250MB/s, and the SSD only reaches 560MB/s maximum. A USB Type-C cable can handle far more data than SATA 3 can, so you should be fine overall.

Solution