[SOLVED] Is SEASONIC Focus Plus 750 Gold good PSU for my PC

ChrisRedfiedl

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
Hello everybody,

I need new PSU for my PC,and I was thinking about getting SEASONIC Focus Plus 750 Gold.
I'm currently have i5 4670K that I intend to replace in sometime for newer generation of Intel processors.
I will buy K version so keep in mind that I do plan to overclock both new CPU and current GPU.
Speaking of my PC here are the specs:
Windows 10 x64
LG 27UD58-B
MSI Z97 PC Mate
Intel i5 4670K (it will be replaced with new i7 CPU)
8 GB RAM (I will add another 4 GB)
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming + 8GB

So,given all that,would you recommend that PSU for OC-ing CPU and GPU in my PC and is that PSU good overall?

Thanks

Solution
Hello everybody,

I need new PSU for my PC,and I was thinking about getting SEASONIC Focus Plus 750 Gold.
I'm currently have i5 4670K that I intend to replace in sometime for newer generation of Intel processors.
I will buy K version so keep in mind that I do plan to overclock both new CPU and current GPU.
Windows 10 x64
LG 27UD58-B
MSI Z97 PC Mate

So,given all that,would you recommend that PSU for OC-ing CPU and GPU in my PC and is that PSU good overall?

Thanks
That is an excellent PSU and will be good for a decade. It will provide good headroom for overclocking a system.
Hello everybody,

Windows 10 x64
LG 27UD58-B
MSI Z97 PC Mate

Thanks
That is an excellent PSU and will be good for a decade. It will provide good headroom for overclocking a system.

Reactions: ChrisRedfiedl
Solution

ChrisRedfiedl

Prominent
Sep 18, 2019
If you want to go for dualchannel ram after upgrading, and you should, use 2x8gb which you should buy as a kit, don't get an 8+4gb stick.

I most certainly will,thanks.
If the 750W is in stock then go for it. Otherwise as @King_V said you can get by with a 650W. Right now almost all good PSUs are on back order or just out of stock everywhere.

That Seasonic PSU from 750W is on sale right now,plus it's a free shipping.There is no big difference in price between 650W and 750W in my country,so I went with 750W.