[SOLVED] Is super-core a good brand

Jul 8, 2020
I was looking at buying a 500w power supply under the “Super-core” brand. Does anybody know if this is a reliable brand?

Solution
Gross. I think I actually smelled blown capacitors when looking at that image.

It's not even actually a 500W PSU with the listed specs or even a 300W PSU. A junky 300W PSU with a voltage switch like it's 1994. Even worse, a used, dirty, junk PSU!

If I had no other choice, I'd pay a considerable sum of money to not have to use this PSU in anything I own. Luckily, you can make that decision for free, which is a tremendous bargain.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i have never even head of them. so no clue.

can you link the product? would help to look into it a bit. but most likely if it is real cheap, then its gonna be a junk brand.

most quality units are having supply issues all over the world. so it can be hard to find something good at a decent price.

Jul 8, 2020

can you link the product? would help to look into it a bit. but most likely if it is real cheap, then its gonna be a junk brand.

most quality units are having supply issues all over the world. so it can be hard to find something good at a decent price.

sure here is the link

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/264785108608

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

It's not even actually a 500W PSU with the listed specs or even a 300W PSU. A junky 300W PSU with a voltage switch like it's 1994. Even worse, a used, dirty, junk PSU!

If I had no other choice, I'd pay a considerable sum of money to not have to use this PSU in anything I own. Luckily, you can make that decision for free, which is a tremendous bargain.

Solution
Jul 8, 2020

Ok thanks for your Insight