Question Is the 5700XT incompatible with Skyrim?

Jul 20, 2019
Whenever booting up the game - a fresh install with no mods - it gives the "Failed to initialize renderer" error message. It also automatically sets the graphics settings to low, despite the card being far more capable than that. I tried all obvious solutions, such as reinstalling, deleting and recreating the INI files, verifying game cache, etc. However, I may have missed something or missed a driver download (this is a new system after all). If anyone could put any insight into this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Jul 20, 2019
Not sure if this will be useful for the future, but I got a solution! I did a clean install of my drivers, as in I wiped it clean from my system and didn't let windows install new ones, then updated the drivers to 19.7.2. You'll need special software for this, as I had to use this guy - (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html). Of course, I'm really new to PC building and had a friend walk me through it, so If this is just pure luck or bad for my long term, I'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: boju