Question Is the Acer Nitro V the best for the price?

steven37

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2012
Hi! I know nothing of laptops. I saw the Nitro V for about $700 with an i5, RTX 4050, and DDR5 RAM. Is there anything that compares in that price range?

steven37

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2012
Hey there,

What is the primary purpose for the laptop? Gaming?

for gaming it would mostly be emulation gaming. Project64, Dolphin, PCSX2, RPCS3.. Assuming laptops should run emulation with no problem... But other than the emulation gaming, it'll just be used for regular online activities. online video chatting, YouTube, emails, etc...

Can you link the exact model?

The first thing I'd say is, for that price you can rest assured you are only getting 8gb ram. This is not enough for entry level gaming, even though the GPU is okay for 1080p gaming. You will have to add another 8gb ram, just so it won't stutter when you try and play any games. Specially multiplayer online games.

For emulation it will do fine (depending on the CPU), but again ram will be a factor.

steven37

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2012
Can you link the exact model?

The first thing I'd say is, for that price you can rest assured you are only getting 8gb ram. This is not enough for entry level gaming, even though the GPU is okay for 1080p gaming. You will have to add another 8gb ram, just so it won't stutter when you try and play any games. Specially multiplayer online games.

For emulation it will do fine (depending on the CPU), but again ram will be a factor.
Newer games or online games won't be my priority on the laptop. Mostly emulation gaming.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CP8D4SM2

Okay, for the base specs this is good value. However, note, in the tag line it's saying it has 18gb of DDR5 ram. But, in the specs below it says it only has 8gb of ram (which you would expect for this price).

So, you will have to add more ram to get a better experience.

Solid enough though for £$€700