Is the Asrock (990FX) Killer Network Manager anything special?Or is it just a fancy name for marketing?

Chuckiechan

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2013
The Killer Network Manager is part of the bundle of software on the set up disc.

I notice it seems to be accessing my HDD a lot - along with a lot of other things - and might wear out my SSD when I get one.

What does it do that makes it different than a stock LAN port in a motherboard.

Thanks in advance

Solution
To quote Asrock - ASRock Killer Series features the Killer™ E2200 Intelligent Networking Platform is built for maximum networking performance for online games and high-quality streaming media. Featuring Advanced Stream Detect™, Killer E2200 automatically detects and accelerates game traffic ahead of other network traffic for smoother, stutter-free in-game performance and the competitive edge. With this exclusive, automatic traffic prioritization, games and real-time chat get priority over low-level system chatter, giving you the lowest latency for game data on the most controllable network hardware available.
To quote Asrock - ASRock Killer Series features the Killer™ E2200 Intelligent Networking Platform is built for maximum networking performance for online games and high-quality streaming media. Featuring Advanced Stream Detect™, Killer E2200 automatically detects and accelerates game traffic ahead of other network traffic for smoother, stutter-free in-game performance and the competitive edge. With this exclusive, automatic traffic prioritization, games and real-time chat get priority over low-level system chatter, giving you the lowest latency for game data on the most controllable network hardware available.

Solution