[SOLVED] Is the Asrock X570 Steel Legend a T-Topology Motherboard?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2808222
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2808222

According to some sources, the Asrock X570 Extreme4 (~230$) is a T-Topology motherboard. The Extreme4 board costs around 40$ more than the Steel Legend and these boards don’t have a big difference it seems. The Steel Legend board seems to be more popular than the Extreme4 board as well. It would be great to know if the Asrock X570 Steel Legend is a T-Topology board or not! Does anyone know this?

I want to use an AMD 5000 series CPU for this with 4x32GB ram sticks at 3200-3600Mhz and CL14 preferably. I plan on going with one of these Asrock boards or an Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (~420$) / Dark Hero (~530$) that has Optimem III which is supposed to help out when using 4 ram sticks. I will use a Seasonic TX-1000 PSU (~330$).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2808222

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/edit#gid=2112472504

TBH, at 3200/3600MHz I doubt you're anywhere near being able to see the difference between the two types.
You linked a spreadsheet that I’ve already looked at a couple of times and “TO BE DETERMINED” has always been the current status for the Asrock X570 Steel Legend motherboard.
I agree that I won’t see the difference between 3200Mhz and 3600Mhz but I don’t think it’s all about what I would see with my own eyes.
I will be happy wether I’ll have 3200Mhz or 3600Mhz but I don’t want anything less than 3200mhz because I believe I would gain more memory latency with an AMD CPU. That’s the reason I’m worried when it comes to choosing a motherboard. I will be having 4 ram modules and if I don’t choose the right board I’m afraid the sticks might not run at their default XMP or the 3200Mhz+ speed that I want. I’ve learnt about T-Topology motherboards and these are supposed to work better with 4 ram sticks compared to Daisy Chain motherboards but I’ve also found out about the Optimem III which some of the Asus motherboards have. I’ve begun to look at the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2 which seems good but it isn’t a T-Topology board. I’m not entirely sure which motherboard I should get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.