Question Is the ASUS Dual RTX 3060Ti OC worth buying now? and what's the difference on the V2?

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Hi everyone,
I found an Asus dual RTX 3060 Ti OC that belongs to one of my friends and has good temps and conditions.

I'm hesitant because I found a couple of posts on the forum about this card temps and it's 8GB vRAM which some say isn't enough in a couple of years but I'm not going for higher than 1080p so that's fine.

My second concern is why Asus released a v2 of this card and I didn't find any specs other than LHR(which it seems to be for mining purposes) explaining the v2 or issues with the first version.

and my PSU is a 650W 80+ Gold but Asus says it needs a 750W, is this going to be an issue?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Solution
v2 means LTH/LHR (limited hashrate for mining), nothing else different

v2 means LTH/LHR (limited hashrate for mining), nothing else different

Last edited:
Solution

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Thanks, so the only difference is the LHR.

Do you think it worth to buy a used one at 200$ ?
And what's your opinion about the PSU and power consumption?

Hi everyone,
I found an Asus dual RTX 3060 Ti OC that belongs to one of my friends and has good temps and conditions.

I'm hesitant because I found a couple of posts on the forum about this card temps and it's 8GB vRAM which some say isn't enough in a couple of years but I'm not going for higher than 1080p so that's fine.

My second concern is why Asus released a v2 of this card and I didn't find any specs other than LHR(which it seems to be for mining purposes) explaining the v2 or issues with the first version.

and my PSU is a 650W 80+ Gold but Asus says it needs a 750W, is this going to be an issue?

Thanks in advance for your time.
How could we possibly tell you whether or not it's worth it if you're not telling us how much it's going to cost you?

All I can say based on the information that you provided is:

"If it's under $200, yes, it's worth it."

Beyond that, I have nothing.