[SOLVED] Is the Asus Thor 850w 80+platinum a good psu?

Oct 10, 2022
So, I decided to bite the bullet and get a 850w psu for my rx 6900xt. But I didn't really do much research I just saw that asus thor 850w 80+ platinum was cheaper than the corsair rmx series 850w psu and I know that its a far better unit but I saw asus was cheap and was 80+platinum so I just went for. I just wanted to know if this psu if a good psu as in I don't need to worry about any shutdowns or anything when gaming.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So, I decided to bite the bullet and get a 850w psu for my rx 6900xt. But I didn't really do much research I just saw that asus thor 850w 80+ platinum was cheaper than the corsair rmx series 850w psu and I know that its a far better unit but I saw asus was cheap and was 80+platinum so I just went for. I just wanted to know if this psu if a good psu as in I don't need to worry about any shutdowns or anything when gaming.
It's based on the Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum so yes a good PSU. 10 Year warranty so they don't expect it to fail, 2 ball bearing 135mm fan, all jap caps.