Question Is the Corsair LT100 starter kit required for the Expansion Kit ?

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
Hiya folks,

I've been eyeballing the LT100 lighting towers for a while now, to spice up my setup a bit. Two towers is a bit too much for me however, since that won't really fit on my desk. I do allready have the ST100 RGB headset stand, so only one tower would be enough: ST100 on the right of my setup, LT100 on the left.

Here's the question: can I just get the LT100 expansion kit (a single tower) instead of having to get the full starter kit too? You need to connect one of the towers with USB for iCUE control and then daisychain the rest of 'em together. But seeing that all the towers (either the two in the starter kit and the expansion kit) come with both a latched dupont header for daisychaining and an USB port for iCUE control on all the pictures, wouldn't that mean that I could just get the expansion kit and run just one single tower?

Help would be appreciated:)
~ G

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hiya folks,

I've been eyeballing the LT100 lighting towers for a while now, to spice up my setup a bit. Two towers is a bit too much for me however, since that won't really fit on my desk. I do allready have the ST100 RGB headset stand, so only one tower would be enough: ST100 on the right of my setup, LT100 on the left.

Here's the question: can I just get the LT100 expansion kit (a single tower) instead of having to get the full starter kit too? You need to connect one of the towers with USB for iCUE control and then daisychain the rest of 'em together. But seeing that all the towers (either the two in the starter kit and the expansion kit) come with both a latched dupont header for daisychaining and an USB port for iCUE control on all the pictures, wouldn't that mean that I could just get the expansion kit and run just one single tower?

Help would be appreciated:)
~ G
If you just bought 1 I don't think you could power it since the starter set comes with the power source unless your other one has a expansion port.

Edit the same type of expansion port

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS