Is the CPU dead?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

poopstains82

Proper
Jul 6, 2018
ok I have a ryzen 5 1600 and msi gaming plus mobo and gskill ripjawsV ddr4 16gb CL15-16-16-35

now I used a psu that a friend let me use . everything worked fine . installed windows blah blah blah and played D3..woke up next morning turned it on and got a cpu light , tried everything and nothing , even breadboarded it and nothing . it wouldn't even turn on again..so I ordered a msi gaming plus , and evga 500watt 80 plus bronze psu ..tried everything w new mobo and the cpu , ram on breadboard . I thought mayb the psu from my friend killed the mobo , so that's y ordered the mobo and psu . but im getting same results from before .. , ive re-seated the cpu multiple times , thinking that might b the cause , even cpu 8 pin and 24 pin power and still nothing, so what could be the cause of this ?

poopstains82

Proper
Jul 6, 2018

oh its ok , I have a ryzen 7 2700x build , I just sold the ryzen 5 1600 build to my roommate , all worked out

Nicely done