[SOLVED] Is the CPU dead?

InTroOfficial

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Pretty big problem I feel,
I'll start from the beginning, so 2 days ago I built a computer, I installed Dota 2 and then played around 15 minutes with my friend before computer shut off and it's not turning back on
When I plug in the power supply, the USB strip I have that's connected to the USB 2 0 port works but the front fan that's connected to the 4 pin fan header won't spin. The CPU fan spins aswell but when I plug the HDMI port into my monitor I get no visual at all. Not even when I connect it to the GPU.

I plugged in the RAM into my friends computer and it booted just fine. I also tried clearing the CMOS as I applied an XMP profile just to get the ram speed that was on the packaging (3000Mhz) ( the motherboard supports up to 3444Mhz)

What I'm thinking may have died is the CPU as I bought it second hand from Amazon ( don't judge me here it was meant to be temporary)

Specs:
Ryzen 3 1200 ( bought used off Amazon)
Gigabyte Vega 56
ASRock B450 Gaming ITX
Evga GQ 750 80+ Gold
16GB Team Vulcan 3000Mhz
Kingston SSD
Seagate HDD
Metallic Gear ITX

If you know what's wrong or how to fix it please reply.
Thank you

Solution
With a used CPU, you don't have much to work with. To see if it's the CPU you would need to test it in another system, or start replacing other parts. Since the CPU is the only used thing, I would return the CPU and get a new one if you can't test it.
With a used CPU, you don't have much to work with. To see if it's the CPU you would need to test it in another system, or start replacing other parts. Since the CPU is the only used thing, I would return the CPU and get a new one if you can't test it.

Solution