Is the first Gen of I3-I5-I7s good?

The Red_Owl

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
Well i have a a cousin that has First Gen i3 530 and he wanted to swap with me to give him my core 2 quad q8200 and maybe upgrade that i3 530 to i7 870 or etc.. So the question is the first gen i7 still good for Gaming/Live Streaming/Video Rendering today? :)

Solution
It is still good. Obviously not as good as today's processors but it's still a good alternative to the recent processors that AMD has to offer. The answer depends largely on the graphics card you want to use and the resolution you want to play at as well as what programs you would like to run and what you expect to get out of them.
It is still good. Obviously not as good as today's processors but it's still a good alternative to the recent processors that AMD has to offer. The answer depends largely on the graphics card you want to use and the resolution you want to play at as well as what programs you would like to run and what you expect to get out of them.

Solution

The Red_Owl

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016

Well yeah but what about streaming those games like the AAA titles like far cry 4 live streaming to twitch and idk maybe mafia 3 the upcoming game :) btw thanks for the answer!