[SOLVED] Is the following buikd compatible?

Aug 4, 2019
So My gpu, ssd, Hard drive, power supply and Ram are a few parts that were in a storage box and they all work. Ive decided to build a new Pc. I want to know if the following parts are compatible with each other,

Graphics Card -Gigabyte Geforce Gtx 1060 windforce oc 3gb GDDR5
Cpu -Amd Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard -Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM -Ballistix sports one stick of 8gb and 2x8gb corsair vengeance LPX CL16 (total 24gb)
SSD -Sandisk SSD plus 120gb
Hard Drive -Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Power Supply -EVGA 600 watt 80+ certified power supply (Non-modular)
Case -Cooler Master box lite 3.1 micro ATX

P.S. the ssd and hard drive are both empty. They are like new.
Please answer as soon as possible. Thanks! :)

Solution
So My gpu, ssd, Hard drive, power supply and Ram are a few parts that were in a storage box and they all work. Ive decided to build a new Pc. I want to know if the following parts are compatible with each other,

Cpu -Amd Ryzen 5 2600
RAM -Ballistix sports one stick of 8gb and 2x8gb corsair vengeance LPX CL16 (total 24gb)

the 2 different ram kits must be...

Cpu -Amd Ryzen 5 2600

Yeah, looks compatible. Which parts are you buying?

Im purchasing the motherboard, case, and cpu. All the other components i pre-own and i bought them summer of 2019. I placed them in my friends pc and ran some tests. They all work.
Sounds good. I'd keep an eye on that PSU, meaning be careful adding a more powerful GPU and also be careful using it after it's warranty expires. Those aren't as good as other gaming PSUs.

If it's the bronze it isn't so bad. If it's the White I would consider replacing it sooner rather than later.

Cpu -Amd Ryzen 5 2600

the 2 different ram kits must be the same speed and cl to work properly. I wouldnt buy 2 different kits, I would but either 2 kits of the same exact model or 1 bigger kit lik 32gb 2x16gb. Thats the only GUARENTEED way that ram will work.

Also I would drop your psu down to a 550w psu and put the extra money into a better gpu as the 1060 3gb is not great. I just upgraded from the 1060 3gb from Gigabyte even had a factory OC. I was getting terrible FPS(from 150fps down to 44fps during gunfights) in Apex Legends on mostly low settings in places like Epicenter and the city next to Epicenter. But then again it would depend on the games you play.

Also the 3gb of vram is just not a lot when compared to most modern titles. I had to uprade to the 2060s to get the performance I needed which is 140+fps on apex legends on mostly low settings at 1080p.

But its great for games like Rocket League. I had a full 250fps (the max fps of the game) on mostly high settings. It probably is great for games like Dota or League. Probably wouldnt be terrible for CS:GO either but I wouldnt expect over 200fps on decent graphics. But it really just all depends on what your looking to get out of it.

Also I have the 2600. And as its great for most games, it lacks in others as it does not have great single core performance. If you play any CPU intensive games like Rust, you have to disable multi-threading to get a performance boost. I would opt for the 3600. Which is what Ill be getting soon. But this dont mean the 2600 isnt good, its great to get your pc up and running and playing. I havent ran into many issues with it as far as performance. Its just a few games that are more CPU intensive that I play, that I wish I would have got a better cpu.

Last edited:
Solution
What psu should i get? Any recomendations?

Ive had great luck with the CX550m .. Powers my 2600, and my 2060s perfectly even with overclocking. And you seem to be headed that direction with your build. I dont know how much it would save you dropping from a 600w psu to a 550w psu. But Personally I would put that money into a better CPU, even if you had to save another 50$ on top of it to get that better CPU.

And my MOBO has shined pretty nicely as well (tomahawk b450)

In the end though, your GPU is going to be a pretty decent bottleneck on the system. The 2600 dont even go past 30% usage while using the 1060 in apex. My 2060s still bottlenecks my 2600 but the thing is, I would get better fps, especially in the 1% lows, with a better cpu. So After you get this all built, I have a feeling your going to want to upgrade the GPU.

Jan 7, 2020

Cpu -Amd Ryzen 5 2600

Looks good, although consider having only the 16G kit of RAM in there because even if you have more, it will run at the speed of the slowest stick, and I almost never use all of my 16GB of RAM, let alone 24, so I think the faster speed will give you better performance than more RAM, for gaming at least.