[SOLVED] Is the gigabyte b455m ds3h any good?

Solution
there is no such thing as "good for gaming"

the mobo will support the chips it supports and they will do their jobs fine on any mobo. what matters is does the mobo do what you need it to do? does it have the right features you want/need? enough sata/usb ports/types? and so on and so on.

gaming has nothing to do with this. boards with better power delivery will allow the cpu to use PBO better and other considerations but again weak power delivery won't stop it from gaming. only stop it from boosting as high for as long.

that is a truly budget board with limited features, but if the feature set works for you, then go for it :)

if it does not, then look for another option.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
there is no such thing as "good for gaming"

the mobo will support the chips it supports and they will do their jobs fine on any mobo. what matters is does the mobo do what you need it to do? does it have the right features you want/need? enough sata/usb ports/types? and so on and so on.

gaming has nothing to do with this. boards with better power delivery will allow the cpu to use PBO better and other considerations but again weak power delivery won't stop it from gaming. only stop it from boosting as high for as long.

that is a truly budget board with limited features, but if the feature set works for you, then go for it :)

if it does not, then look for another option.

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i considered that board when building my new system a few weeks ago. but in the end it was missing a couple things i wanted so i had to go a touch more expensive.

but it's not a bad mobo overall if it has what you want on it. i still got a gigabyte board since i like their stuff lately

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i went with the b450 Aorus pro wifi. wasn't choice 1 but it was in stock and had what i wanted at reg price so i went for it. think i paid $119 for it.

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b450-aorus-pro-wifi/p/N82E16813145082

been a solid board so far and has all that extra rgb stuff if that's your thing. i did like all the fan headers. i have 4 case fans and cpu fan all on their own 4-pin header so no dealing with splitters and such. big plus for me along with the built in wifi and bluetooth. saves some usb ports for other things i want to plug in.

kaib

Commendable
Jun 16, 2020
Thanks for help
Is the ASRock b450 pro4 a better choice over the gigabyte b450m ds3h
I like that ASRock b450 pro4 has more fan headers and the SATA ports are aimed at the side

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the only major difference i see is the asrock board has a USB-C connection on it. otherwise i don't see enough of a difference to spend that much more cash on it honestly. it has an extra vrm on it as well, but for s low power cpu, it's not a big deal.