Is the GTX 970 worth the extra $80?

Duckhorse_1

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
i'm currently on a budget and my current plan is to buy My GTX 960 and then the case and later upgrade my motherboard or monitor. Currently the GTX 970 is just $80 than the 960. Buying the 970 however will set me back for some time. So my question is should I buy the 960 r the 970?

Solution
What is your current spec just out of interest. It might be worth your while to upgrade the motherboard/CPU first and then save for a GPU once the new series from NVidia and AMD are available.

I do second what Proofy said though, the 970 is worth the extra money.

Proofy

Admirable
GTX960: Fine for most games at 1080 resolution on a single display but it's limited 2Gb of memory is going to be an issue sooner rather than later if you're looking for very high eye candy so look out for the 4Gb versions when you come to 'add to basket'.

GTX970: The best high end part available for the money. Performance is just enormous; far too much for most games at 1080 rez unless you get really, really heavy with either DSR or AA. Expect it to last so try to go for one with a long warranty!

Conclusion: it's worth it

Dustybin

Respectable
Feb 24, 2016
What is your current spec just out of interest. It might be worth your while to upgrade the motherboard/CPU first and then save for a GPU once the new series from NVidia and AMD are available.

I do second what Proofy said though, the 970 is worth the extra money.

Solution

Duckhorse_1

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016

Thanks a bunch!!! :)