Question Is the i5-13600k enough for the RTX 4080 Super at 1440p? Any noticeable bottleneck? Worth selling it for the i7-14700k?

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
Short answer is yes, it is worth it. However not by much in my opinion, which is worthless because you are the only one who can tell if the gain is satisfying or a waste of money.

The GPU will perform very well with both CPUs. Overall, the PC will be faster with the i7.
Just be aware that your power demand will go up a bit, and you might need a slightly more powerfull CPU cooler.

It's really hard to gauge whether gains are marginal or good enough to be worth it. Objectively the i7 is faster, but whether your games will run any faster is harder to tell. Some games were notorious for lagging even on superb hardware.

Maybe if you describe your system specs and tell us what your gaming demands are, someone could offer a better answer. Are your games running ok or is there lag? Some games care more about CPU power anyway so the 4080 is going to be less of a factor if you improve the CPU. Other games are more sensitive to RAM latency. Etc, etc.

Feb 18, 2024
Short answer is yes, it is worth it. However not by much in my opinion, which is worthless because you are the only one who can tell if the gain is satisfying or a waste of money.

The GPU will perform very well with both CPUs. Overall, the PC will be faster with the i7.
Just be aware that your power demand will go up a bit, and you might need a slightly more powerfull CPU cooler.

It's really hard to gauge whether gains are marginal or good enough to be worth it. Objectively the i7 is faster, but whether your games will run any faster is harder to tell. Some games were notorious for lagging even on superb hardware.

Maybe if you describe your system specs and tell us what your gaming demands are, someone could offer a better answer. Are your games running ok or is there lag? Some games care more about CPU power anyway so the 4080 is going to be less of a factor if you improve the CPU. Other games are more sensitive to RAM latency. Etc, etc.
My specs:

Mobo: Asus Rog Strix Z790 F-Gaming
CPU: Intel i5-13600K
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken 240 AIO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6200MHz 32gb
PSU: Corsair RM1000x Shift

Monitors: samsung g5 144hz 1440p, secondary monitor: AOC 144hz 1080p

I play different games. Anything from FPS games, to RPGs, racing games and anything in between.

rene641

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
I have an i5-13600 KF with RTX 4080 super and yes, there is a bottleneck. But both, CPU and GPU are "second hand", I am happy with it and will no change, it is really worthless as wrote 35bellow0. If you are a high fps lover, you can OC the CPU, but you need a good heatsink.