Question Is the intel i7 9700K still worth it?

BiscuitSole176

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
Hey guys I bought a i7 9700K and dident know how soon the Ryzen 7 3800X was coming out, with it being possibly the same price, do you guys think its worth shipping it back for the Ryzen 7 3800X and a X570 mobo? Or should I just keep this processor? I keep hearing about how the Ryzens might be able to beat the intel 9700K at single core threading aswell so I am not so sure if its worth the trade. Also how long do you guys think the 9700K will stay relevant as far as being able to dish out enough power to handle future titles? Thanks

Reactions: YT-CTECH

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Personally speaking i think the 9700k will still hold it's own for a couple years.Problem is if you return it you will have to add as its predicted that the x570 mobo will be expensive and we don't know how the 3xxx ryzens will perform.Wait till the 7th to see official benchmarks.

BiscuitSole176

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
Personally speaking i think the 9700k will still hold it's own for a couple years.Problem is if you return it you will have to add as its predicted that the x570 mobo will be expensive and we don't know how the 3xxx ryzens will perform.Wait till the 7th to see official benchmarks.
That is actually what I am considering doing, however ive already had the parts from new egg for about 4 days and this will require me to have them for around about 2 weeks. Considering this is my first build, and a really expsensive one at that, I am worried about not having enough time to build the PC and RMA any DOA parts. However I do really appreciate your input. I heard to lowest X570 will cost around 154$ but nothing is confirmed I dont think. Ive been Eyeballing the ASUS Prime-P. It just sucks because not only the retail price for that could flutuate but for the ryzen 7 3000 processors from retailer to retailer as well, I doubt companies will retail for the suggested price right off that bat. I am sorta nervous to see what the specifications are and the price points aswell.

As you've already gotten the 9700K, I'd use it, vice paying typical 10-20% restocking /return fees, and worrying whether or not a processor releasing in a week or two will perhaps outframe you by 2%...

The 9700K is fast at gaming. It will not cease to be so if perhaps a slightly faster processor releases in 8-9 days time...

(If you could return the product with no restocking fees, and recoup all your money, then I might indeed be tempted to wait on review Ryzen 3800X/X570 reviews...; the Corsair M.2 NVME SSDs at 4950 MB/sec sequential reads are coming soon as well!)

YT-CTECH

Great
May 5, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hey guys I bought a i7 9700K and dident know how soon the Ryzen 7 3800X was coming out, with it being possibly the same price, do you guys think its worth shipping it back for the Ryzen 7 3800X and a X570 mobo? Or should I just keep this processor? I keep hearing about how the Ryzens might be able to beat the intel 9700K at single core threading aswell so I am not so sure if its worth the trade. Also how long do you guys think the 9700K will stay relevant as far as being able to dish out enough power to handle future titles? Thanks
send back, because prices will drop! Also ryzen 3800x outperforms i9 9900k on x470 mobo! So save some money and get 2nd gen board!!

Reactions: drea.drechsler