[SOLVED] Is the msi gtx 1660 ventus xs good for gaming? Whats the difference between that and the msi gaming x version

Solution
Gaming X has a 30MHz higher boost clock.

The Ventus has a 192bit memory interface.

They are both performing close to each other.

I personally prefer the Gaming X. I got Gaming X for the last 3 GPU I bought and I'm going for another Gaming X for the RTX 3080 when I can. Gaming X cooling solution is excellent. Always running cool and silent.

Don't really know anything about the Ventus one.

Did you take a look at the 1660 Super? If you can find a good model of the 1660 and 1660 super that are close to each other in price go for the 1660 Super. Sometime you can get the 1660 Super at like 30 more dollars. For a ~10-15% performance difference between the 1660 and 1660 Super.

View...
Gaming X has a 30MHz higher boost clock.

The Ventus has a 192bit memory interface.

They are both performing close to each other.

I personally prefer the Gaming X. I got Gaming X for the last 3 GPU I bought and I'm going for another Gaming X for the RTX 3080 when I can. Gaming X cooling solution is excellent. Always running cool and silent.

Don't really know anything about the Ventus one.

Did you take a look at the 1660 Super? If you can find a good model of the 1660 and 1660 super that are close to each other in price go for the 1660 Super. Sometime you can get the 1660 Super at like 30 more dollars. For a ~10-15% performance difference between the 1660 and 1660 Super.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkcZJpL_7AQ

Solution