[SOLVED] Is The Ram Damaged?

Mazin Ruknuddin

Commendable
Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys,

I recetly brought a Second Hand ram for My Laptop

As Soon as i inserted the ram, i thoroughly tested the ram using Softwares like "MemTest86" Multiple times,
these tests showed that the ram had 0 errors and had succesfully passed the test(passed the test multiple times)

But after a few days my laptop started showing some problems something like "Memoery diagnostic error", and then laptop wouldnt turn on, after i removed the upgraded ram , laptop started working fine,
after a few days i inserted the ram again, at first it worked fine, but then after few days again laptop wouldnt turn on , thus i had to remove the ram

Does anyone know what might me the problem?
because on those test , the ram showed no Errors and passed the test succesfully several times, But It stops working randomly

Currently Im typing this With The upgraded ram inserted , and it seems to works fine right now , but i feel like its going to stop working after a few days

If anyone has any slightest of idea whats going on , LET me know

Here are the specs for:-

👉Upgraded Ram
Name = Ramaxel
Size =4GB
Speed = 1600mhz (800mhz on cpu-z)
Type = DDR3L
PC3L 12800

👉The OEM Ram(The orignal ram which came with the laptop)
Name = Micron technology
Size =4GB
Speed = 1600mhz (800mhz on cpu-z)
Type = DDR3L
PC3L 12800

👉Laptop Specs
Brand = HP
Processor = intel core i7 4th gen 4500u
Storage = 240gb ssd (with 320gb caddy)
Ram = running on dual channel
GPU = nvidia gt 740m
OS = windows 10 64Bit

Thanks guys

Solution
Does the ram stop working after the PC has been moved around? If so, it may be a loose retention arms on the slot the new module is installed. Try installing the new module in the other slot and only run that module. Run memtest86 first with only the new module installed to confirm it works before you boot into Windows or you could potentially corrupt your OS.

If you don't have another SSD or HDD to install Windows, there is unfortunately no easy way to test the system with only the new module installed to replicate the issue without the possibility of corrupting the currently installed OS and requiring a system repair. You will need to download the Media Creation Tool to make a USB drive with the Windows 10 installer required to...
Does the ram stop working after the PC has been moved around? If so, it may be a loose retention arms on the slot the new module is installed. Try installing the new module in the other slot and only run that module. Run memtest86 first with only the new module installed to confirm it works before you boot into Windows or you could potentially corrupt your OS.

If you don't have another SSD or HDD to install Windows, there is unfortunately no easy way to test the system with only the new module installed to replicate the issue without the possibility of corrupting the currently installed OS and requiring a system repair. You will need to download the Media Creation Tool to make a USB drive with the Windows 10 installer required to repair your OS installation, because you cannot trust that the repair tools on the system reserved partition(s) is not also corrupt.

So take this as a warning, that running the new module alone could potentially require repairing your OS installation from a USB drive with the Windows 10 installer.

Reactions: Mazin Ruknuddin
Solution

Mazin Ruknuddin

Commendable
Feb 23, 2021
thanks @
Third-Eye

I guess you where right

it had something to do with the ram slot connecter

i slightly wiped the ram slot with a soft cloth and blew up air
and den it started working fine

currently i have both the ram module installed