[SOLVED] Is the ryzen 5 3600x compatible with tomahawk max? PLS I NEED ANSWER FAST!!

Solution
The "max" naming aspect was to show compatibility with 3xxx series cpu on the 4xx chipset. By and large it's good to go, but I would ask of the retailer before purchase. Compatible/ready/etc. doesn't positively mean you wouldn't have to do a BIOS upgrade.
It was compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen from first example. The difference from non-Max models is not only BIOS version but also larger BIOS specifically mad to take advantage of features found in 3rd gen.
That doesn't mean that BIOS should not be updated to last version if needed.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The "max" naming aspect was to show compatibility with 3xxx series cpu on the 4xx chipset. By and large it's good to go, but I would ask of the retailer before purchase. Compatible/ready/etc. doesn't positively mean you wouldn't have to do a BIOS upgrade.

It was compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen from first example. The difference from non-Max models is not only BIOS version but also larger BIOS specifically mad to take advantage of features found in 3rd gen.

Solution
Mar 29, 2020
Yeah thx I just needed to know if I was good to go out of the box!!