[SOLVED] Is the Samsung Odyssey G7 32" 1440p Worth It?

Solution
I've had 2x Asus cheapo 24" 1080p/60Hz for over 8 years now and still not a single dead pixel on either.

Dead pixels cannot be predicted, do not become lowered chances of happening based on price. It's totally pot-luck. You could get a different G7 and have no dead pixels for years, or have one next week.

Samsung and LG are the leaders in monitors right now, but even they cannot say with any certainty exactly how long a monitor will/should last before chances of dead pixels starts climbing. Can only take your chances like anyone else.

Randi Poling

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2014
Worth it is very personal choice, is it worth it to you. It’s a very good monitor, there are many reviews

View: https://youtu.be/go1qsBetgV0
I just like knowing other peoples opinions and experiences with it. I had it, but out of the box, dead pixel(s). Took it back, and tried something else (a 27" asus tuf gaming 1440p display, dead pixel out of the box too). I did mess around with the g7 though while i had it, gamed on it, pulled up 4k hdr content, and I do have to admit, it was pretty damn awesome picture wise. I am just looking for something thats going to last me a while.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I've had 2x Asus cheapo 24" 1080p/60Hz for over 8 years now and still not a single dead pixel on either.

Dead pixels cannot be predicted, do not become lowered chances of happening based on price. It's totally pot-luck. You could get a different G7 and have no dead pixels for years, or have one next week.

Samsung and LG are the leaders in monitors right now, but even they cannot say with any certainty exactly how long a monitor will/should last before chances of dead pixels starts climbing. Can only take your chances like anyone else.

Solution

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021

Agreed, I have an LG 1080p/60Hz monitor for 5 years now and it works fine. I also have a display which is only a few years old but has a dead pixel.

TRENDING THREADS