[SOLVED] Is the stock thermal paste good enough in wrath stealth heatsink which comes with Ryzen 5 3600 ?

Jul 14, 2019
I recently bought the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and it comes with a wrath stealth cooler that has pre-applied thermal paste.
Is that good enough, or should I apply some 3rd party thermal paste ?
I have a Noctua NT-H1 paste sitting on my desk . if if use that one after removing the pre applied one - will there be any significant improvements in the temperature ?
While using the stock cooler and the pre applied thermal paste i'm getting slightly higher idle temp. It varies between 46-54 at idle .My ambient temp is 34c.

Also i would like to know how long does thermal paste last in the tube ( opened and used for one time )? I have 6 months older Noctua NT-H1 paste . is it safe to use it ?

Solution
How long does Thermal paste last? That depends on how you store it, I have been working off the same 1-gallon bucket of Arctic Silver 5 for the last 10 years. ;) Keep it at room temps or lower and it will last at least 15 years. NT-H1 is a little better than AS5 by about 1-2 C°.

I'm running a Spire RGB and AS5 on my 3600 and the idle temps range from 32 C° to 44 C°, the stock cooler isn't as good but it should still be more than adequate. Idle temps across cores are going to bounce around since Windoblows always has tons of crap running in the background.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
How long does Thermal paste last? That depends on how you store it, I have been working off the same 1-gallon bucket of Arctic Silver 5 for the last 10 years. ;) Keep it at room temps or lower and it will last at least 15 years. NT-H1 is a little better than AS5 by about 1-2 C°.

I'm running a Spire RGB and AS5 on my 3600 and the idle temps range from 32 C° to 44 C°, the stock cooler isn't as good but it should still be more than adequate. Idle temps across cores are going to bounce around since Windoblows always has tons of crap running in the background.

Reactions: ThunderFlash
Solution