Is the Thinkpad E-Series worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uw0tm9

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
Hey guys,
I am looking for a laptop for university. I am currently on a tight budget and was observing these 2 laptops:

1. Lenovo G50-80 80E502JBGE Notebook i5-5200U without Windows for 400Euro.

2. Lenovo ThinkPad E550 20DF004RGE Notebook i5-5200U without Windows for 470 Euro.

These laptops do have the same screen, same RAM, same HDD...So i just wanted to know if the Thinkpad is worth the extra 70 Euros.

Thanks!

Solution
The ThinkPad series are business laptops. Business laptops generally cost more than consumer laptops because they have a lot less bloatware installed. Software companies pay laptop brand names like Dell and Lenovo for the privilege to install bloatware in consumer laptops. That is partially why consumer laptops are less expensive than business laptops.

Business laptop tech support is generally a lot better and faster than consumer tech support which is another reason why these laptops are generally more expensive. But you can still get bad tech support for a business laptop. Generally speaking, they also tend to have a little better build quality compared to consumer laptops within the same general price range.

I suppose it kinda...
The ThinkPad series are business laptops. Business laptops generally cost more than consumer laptops because they have a lot less bloatware installed. Software companies pay laptop brand names like Dell and Lenovo for the privilege to install bloatware in consumer laptops. That is partially why consumer laptops are less expensive than business laptops.

Business laptop tech support is generally a lot better and faster than consumer tech support which is another reason why these laptops are generally more expensive. But you can still get bad tech support for a business laptop. Generally speaking, they also tend to have a little better build quality compared to consumer laptops within the same general price range.

I suppose it kinda boils down to the question of if the extra money is worth the potential better peace of mind.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.