Question Is the WD Black reliable?

Aug 28, 2021
Aug 28, 2021
"Is the WD Black reliable?"

Yes.
No better or worse than any other HDD.
As long as it is NEW, and carries a verified valid warranty.

Personally, not a fan of anything from aliexpress. YMMV.

Not a fan either, but the seller has 4.9 score and has his store opened since 2014. Which is a very hard score to achieve.

Also, I heard the WD blue ones ends up with ticking?
About warranty, I will ask him - but this model is old right, and also OEM, so I highly doubt I'll get any warranty.

What is the appropriate warranty for a backup drive? For example if I buy a ready external drive such as WD Elements.

(I just don't want them because they're SMR)

USAFRet

Titan
Not a fan either, but the seller has 4.9 score and has his store opened since 2014. Which is a very hard score to achieve.

Also, I heard the WD blue ones ends up with ticking?
About warranty, I will ask him - but this model is old right, and also OEM, so I highly doubt I'll get any warranty.

What is the appropriate warranty for a backup drive? For example if I buy a ready external drive such as WD Elements.

(I just don't want them because they're SMR)
Anything NEW should have whatever warranty it comes with from the manufacturer. 3-5 years.
Anything USED, or not sold by an authorized retailer....you're on your own.

That the seller has a "4.9 rating" is totally irrelevant.

Reactions: Filingo
I want to buy this drive for a small backup (up to 300GB):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32854330044.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.61723c00YoN5Gc&mp=1

According to reviewers on this product page and seller, the drives are really new - some buyers even uploaded images as proof (Unless SMART data was somehow tempered with? Is it possible?)

Is it a reliable 2.5" drive? I plan to pair it with this bad boy:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32854330044.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.61ed3c00pnlSAs&mp=1
Reliable?.....WD seems to think so they give it a 5yr warranty.
New?.....that's what the seller says it is.

Reactions: Filingo
Aug 28, 2021
Anything NEW should have whatever warranty it comes with from the manufacturer. 3-5 years.
Anything USED, or not sold by an authorized retailer....you're on your own.

That the seller has a "4.9 rating" is totally irrelevant.
Reliable?.....WD seems to think so they give it a 5yr warranty.
New?.....that's what the seller says it is.

Thank you guys.
One of the buyers posted this image, that's why I trust him more, unless he somehow tempered with SMART values?
3wNDTy9.png