is there a big diffirence? 970 or 390

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Revine20

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hi Guys

I've been working my ass off at work to get a reasonably beast pc and next Thursday, I will be buying the parts to build it.

Would 8gb VRAM make a difference? i could get a 390x for the good price but id suffer with the electric bill. (kinda expensive were I am).

I'm sitting about £750 for the 970 build.
with the 390x build I am sitting £850.

that 100 would go a long way but i wanna know if i should put it into the PC if there a noticeable difference if there isn't. into the pocket the money goes

I can get a 390x but id be a poor man until the next wage. if I get the GTX 970 would there be a noticeable difference in 1440p? or should I go with the non x version r9 390?

ill be playing new AAA titles and GTAV, Fallout4, Metal Gear Solid V and a bunch of older titles like diablo 2 GTA San Andreas.

the build is currently
I5 6600 non k. im not overclocking
ASRock H170A-X1
Corsair DDR4 16GB 2400mhz
Seasonic 620w
nzxt s340
1tb WD Green

Not looking for part list only want to know about the graphic cards please :)

Thanks in advance :D

Solution
Smart choice, given how close the cards are, grab the best deal available!
Enjoy.

OFF TOPIC! Don't forget the SSD, I really mean it, the difference can be significant in overall responsiveness. ( I didn't get that 'Ancient' tag for nothing ;) )
Smart choice, given how close the cards are, grab the best deal available!
Enjoy.

OFF TOPIC! Don't forget the SSD, I really mean it, the difference can be significant in overall responsiveness. ( I didn't get that 'Ancient' tag for nothing ;) )

Solution