Question Is there a budget AM4 motherboard for 2700x?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jinchuriki

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
Hi, I'm planning on getting a second hand ryzen 7 2700x soon for 200$, and I'll need a new motherboard for that.
From what I understand, ryzen demands a lot of power consumption, which requires a decent motherboard with high vrm(correct me if I'm wrong please).

Anyhow, it looks like as the quality goes up, so does the features, which makes it a very costly purchase. (I'm not from the US, so prices are a bit more expensive as well)
The thing is I don't really need all these features, I won't use more than 1 GPU. I do need at least 6 SATA ports. I could manage with 2 sticks of ram, 4 is recommended though.
I don't need more than 1 x PCIE x1, I don't care about RGB lights or any other cosmetic shi*t. One thing that unfortunately I do wish to have, is a PS2 slot, as I would like to install windows 7 either way. PS2 is not a must, but it will surely help.

I've seen a few 450 motherboards that look just fine, but I see in many threads that they're not really recommended.

Would love to hear some suggestions. Thanks :)