Is there a difference between x470 boards if not planning to OC?

MkUltra85

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
Hello,

I'm looking to put together a system with a Ryzen 2700x and a X470 board. If I'm not planning to overclock, is there any real benefit to getting a high end board like the ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VII or ASRock Taichi Ultimate? Aside from the 10 gigabit LAN, what would be the user difference between a high end boards and a more modestly priced one like the ASRock X470 Master?

For my purposes, I do audio production and some gaming; future upgrades do have appeal.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
For stock operations no, not really.

Most of the additional features on the boards are in power delivery, VRM cooling etc. For stock speeds, with adequate airflow, even the most budget X470 board would be more than sufficient.

Realistically, you might want to consider a B350 (with a BIOS update) or potentially even an A320 (although I don't htink the A320's got as many BIOS updates and typically lack some memory support).

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the B450 boards are coming as well. no need for the extra OC favoring features if you're not gonna OC the cpu. grab the cheapest one that fits your needs really.

no bad mobo's on the market, just bad pricing :)