Is there a Folding@home forum here?

jerfle

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
Since MaxPC shutdown their forums, I am looking for a new folding@home team. There was no warning. Just shut down. Crap.

jerfle

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
While I was going through some boxes in my closet I found a MSI K9 mobo. I remember four 9800 GT cards folding proteins 24/7. I then proceeded to log into Maximum PC forums to see who was still lurking there, only to find they have closed it down. Sad. I then downloaded the new client which seems like cheating. Seems a lot has changed since NotFreds. I have not been folding for years. Life happened. Are there any new tips or third party programs that I should look for to maximize my PPD? Right now I have a 960 GTX and a I5 4570 in my main rig. Two 750 Tis as well folding on my kids pcs. I do have several GTX 275s lying around. Would they be worth dusting off?

I dropped folding years ago when they started acting like beggars can be choosey , so ?... it was like I give you 5 bucks a week and then you say that you now need 20 cause 5 aint good enough, so how about I give you nothing ?? gone

but that's just me and how I started to see it and resolved ..

anyway good luck

jerfle

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
My big folder is finally up and running. FX8350 and two 960GTXs. Can't wait to see the next two updates. Should be massive. Had a bunch of trouble getting fahcontrol to see both cards at the same time. I couldnt' even manually configure them. Had to install one card at a time and change then manually config each. Pain in the butt.