[SOLVED] is there a Mobile 4g Hotspot device with a long antenna cable?

ichai

Reputable
Mar 18, 2018
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this.

i am searching for a 4g mobile hotspot device that has something like an antenna cable that i would be able to place outside and run the cable inside to the device.
the cable should be at least 5m (15ft) long
Is there such a device with a 4g antenna cable that you can recommend me?

Solution
It depends on where you live. In the USA putting antenna on cell equipment is in the grey area of being legal. Very technically the cell provider is responsible so you have to get permission from them. Even if they tell you its ok they will never give you the paperwork you need if some interference happens.

Because of this a external antenna connector on a hotspot is hard to find. Many people that attempt this use models that you can take them apart and use a connector on the board.

Also because this is in the grey area there is a lot of garbage equipment being sold. What you are looking for is called a logperiodic antenna. You also need to use very high quality microwave grade cable to connect it. You need to look for...

kanewolf

Titan
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this.

i am searching for a 4g mobile hotspot device that has something like an antenna cable that i would be able to place outside and run the cable inside to the device.
the cable should be at least 5m (15ft) long
Is there such a device with a 4g antenna cable that you can recommend me?
An outdoor router with an ethernet cable will be a better choice. Search for outdoor 4G router.

It depends on where you live. In the USA putting antenna on cell equipment is in the grey area of being legal. Very technically the cell provider is responsible so you have to get permission from them. Even if they tell you its ok they will never give you the paperwork you need if some interference happens.

Because of this a external antenna connector on a hotspot is hard to find. Many people that attempt this use models that you can take them apart and use a connector on the board.

Also because this is in the grey area there is a lot of garbage equipment being sold. What you are looking for is called a logperiodic antenna. You also need to use very high quality microwave grade cable to connect it. You need to look for LM-600 to not get too much loss in the cable between the antenna and the device.

This tends to be not worth the effort. A outdoor router tends to work better and is less messy to get working.

Solution