Question Is there a negative effects of constantly getting BSODs but its okay to use

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Hello, is there a side effect for getting blue screens constantly from time to time? In hardware level? My system boots up with no problems regardless, just worried about an bsod can damage of any hardware my system have in it. Everything is else okay, thanks in advance and have a great day friends.

Solution
Hello, is there a side effect for getting blue screens constantly from time to time? In hardware level? My system boots up with no problems regardless, just worried about an bsod can damage of any hardware my system have in it. Everything is else okay, thanks in advance and have a great day friends.
Probably no physical damage. In some instances, data loss can occur.
But you really need to determine why this is happening.

Among all my house systems, I've had exactly zero BSOD's this year. Surface and Lenovo laptops, and custom built desktops.
Maybe one time all of last year.

USAFRet

Titan

Among all my house systems, I've had exactly zero BSOD's this year. Surface and Lenovo laptops, and custom built desktops.

Solution

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019

Man I literally did everything to find out why getting constantly blue screens every week or so. This is a asus laptop, I ended up just accept the fact it does nothing other than crash and move on with my life. Complete RESET THIS PC deleting everything did not worked as well because some drivers are in different part of the C drive it seems and I do not wish messing with that deep of things.

3 small different parts, 1 boot pagefile crash dump file, 1 basic data partition. This is the entire C drive. WHEA UNCCORECTABLE ERROR bsod crash code. System does not create dmp file kernel crash dump, small crash dmp 256kb NONE of these worked even with default filepath.

So I just decided to move on and use system as it is. Anyways thanks for the fast reply I really appreciate it.

whea erros are mostly hardware related, if theres no minidump, then check event viewer system logs, maybe it recorded something there, ignore distributed COM warnings/errors, everybody has them, unrelated with your BSOD

you can open eventviewer by righclicking start on taskbar and selecting eventviewer from list

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
whea erros are mostly hardware related, if theres no minidump, then check event viewer system logs, maybe it recorded something there, ignore distributed COM warnings/errors, everybody has them, unrelated with your BSOD

you can open eventviewer by righclicking start on taskbar and selecting eventviewer from list
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
Event ID 41, Task Category (63) Kernel Power Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019

BugcheckCode292

BugcheckParameter10x10

BugcheckParameter20x0

BugcheckParameter30x0

BugcheckParameter40x0

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
had some quick look at that bugcheck code 292 (decimal) 0x124 (binary)
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...er/bug-check-0x124---whea-uncorrectable-error
according to this, parameter1 0x10 code stands for driver error source...meaning driver failed to talk with hardware

error log mentioned above from volmgr is blaiming your storage drive
Thank you so much for your time, is there a safe way to delete all the drivers plus came with this laptop? Checked Disk Cleaner driver package files is 0 byte.

I used to reduce Max Power Level of my storage thanks to Ultimate Control Panel Utility so my gen4 nvme SSD wont overheat to 70c. Perhaps that did some damage? I did clean install of win10 and restore power plan defaults all after that. One thing to consider

Right now I like to delete all the drivers if possible on my win10, glad drivers are the source of this bsod.

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Hey again, found some not connected drivers in device manager by unlocking "show hidden devices" one of them is my external drive, removed it. Hopefully that can fix the bsod who knows, but I'm ever glad you mentioned it is a driver related issue, cause it's impossible for me to get an local repair shop so driver is rather easy problem to solve I hope. Thanks a bunch mate