Question Is there a PC which fits my description?

Mar 25, 2023
Hi I'm having trouble looking for a compatible PC that meet all the requirements I need, could I have some help?
Here are the requirements:
  • Intel Core i5-6600 or better
  • A PC which can support a Zotac Nvidia Geforce Gtx 960, so a PSU over 400W (So no GPU needed)
  • Not much RAM needed - 8gb DDR3 or DDR4
  • I already have 2 external Hard Drives
  • Preferably under £200, do not mind condition
If anyone could help that would be great, I'm having such a hard time!

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
I think I get it now, I still use my old MSI Nightblade from I think 2015, i5-7400 with a 1050Ti. I upgraded the storage and ram but it runs well for what I need it for (was my wfh PC for first year of Covid until I built my present one) and I still use it several days a week at least for work.

Other than that I have no experience with other prebuilt desktops.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Is there a reason you specifically need that old a CPU?

I see those on eBay for ~$33. I didn't go so far as checking on a compatible motherboard. It would be easier to concentrate on DDR4 than 3L.

Probably going to have to watch your market and pick up all the parts and do the build yourself. Might be worth risking Ali E.

Personally would consider upping the budget a little to pull off a 10th gen i3 build, new/used.

healthy Pro-teen

Prominent
Jun 23, 2022
Are you looking for a whole PC?
Why those (old) specific requirements?

What is you budget, and where on the planet are you?
I think he doesn't mean specifically he wants an i5 6600, but any CPU equal or better to it. Taking that into account, any modern CPU form the past few years meets his requirements. The range of options is pretty wide.

Mar 25, 2023
Is there a reason you specifically need that old a CPU?

I see those on eBay for ~$33. I didn't go so far as checking on a compatible motherboard. It would be easier to concentrate on DDR4 than 3L.

Probably going to have to watch your market and pick up all the parts and do the build yourself. Might be worth risking Ali E.

Personally would consider upping the budget a little to pull off a 10th gen i3 build, new/used.

No, but its just the minimum CPU I would like for a budget of under £200, and I'd probably like to stick to the budget so I don't really mind that it's old is just what I'm saying

So anything with that CPU or better would be great!

Mar 25, 2023
Are you looking for a whole PC?
Why those (old) specific requirements?

What is you budget, and where on the planet are you?

Yes, I'm probably looking for a whole PC as I don't have much experience on building from scratch, but I don't need a graphics card, extra hard drives, or a large amount of RAM as I already have that

The requirements are just a minimum, so anything including that or above that you can find for under £200 would be great

And I am based in the UK, specifically near London

Latest posts