[SOLVED] Is there a way to administrate my modem's connected devices (ethernet and wi-fi) without using it's internal configuration?

Jan 4, 2020
Hello, i've been wanting to know if there's any way for me to do things like block a specific MAC address or throttle someone's internet speed, for both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections, but without using the modem's internal configs and without doing visible changes like buying a new router or flashing a different firmware.

The reason for it is because my modem does not have those kind of filters built in (for some reason), so i'm looking for any software methods to do these.

Is there any way to do it or i really need to get a more modern router/flash a better FW on my modem to do so?

Solution
think of modem as standalone computer, with cpu ram, and operating system
if u know how to hack, u can do anything
otherwise its locked system

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, i've been wanting to know if there's any way for me to do things like block a specific MAC address or throttle someone's internet speed, for both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections, but without using the modem's internal configs and without doing visible changes like buying a new router or flashing a different firmware.

The reason for it is because my modem does not have those kind of filters built in (for some reason), so i'm looking for any software methods to do these.

Is there any way to do it or i really need to get a more modern router/flash a better FW on my modem to do so?
You are obviously trying to HIDE that you are limiting someone's access. And since you don't want to change hardware, I would guess that YOU don't pay for the service. That type of behavior won't get you many answers on this board.