Question Is there a way to fix a laptop screen, instead of replacing it?

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Hi All

I have an Asus G750JHA. It is the 3D version, i.e. support 120Hz.
The problem I am facing is that its power jack got faulty and I had to order it online. It took a lot of time to deliver. During this time I did not use the laptop as I was unable to charge it due to a faulty power jack. Once I got the power jack, I installed it and ran the laptop.
The main problem now is that the laptop works perfectly but the screen does not show anything on it. The screen does not power up. The screen is blank as if it got no power from the laptop.
I have a spare screen cable (the internal one which connects the screen to the motherboard) that I bought sometime ago and I tried that as well but the result was the same.
If I connect an external display, the display works perfectly.

Now my question is that can I somehow fix the screen as this laptop is old and its screen is either hard to find or it is too expensive. Also it will take a lot of time to deliver. Is there any way I can fix the screen?
I have tried to clean the circuit board of the screen with a motherboard cleaner as well as the connector, on the motherboard. Still I have had no progress.
Can anyone please suggest me a fix for this?

Hope to hear from you all.
Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Hi All

I have an Asus G750JHA. It is the 3D version, i.e. support 120Hz.
The problem I am facing is that its power jack got faulty and I had to order it online. It took a lot of time to deliver. During this time I did not use the laptop as I was unable to charge it due to a faulty power jack. Once I got the power jack, I installed it and ran the laptop.
The main problem now is that the laptop works perfectly but the screen does not show anything on it. The screen does not power up. The screen is blank as if it got no power from the laptop.
I have a spare screen cable (the internal one which connects the screen to the motherboard) that I bought sometime ago and I tried that as well but the result was the same.
If I connect an external display, the display works perfectly.

Now my question is that can I somehow fix the screen as this laptop is old and its screen is either hard to find or it is too expensive. Also it will take a lot of time to deliver. Is there any way I can fix the screen?
I have tried to clean the circuit board of the screen with a motherboard cleaner as well as the connector, on the motherboard. Still I have had no progress.
Can anyone please suggest me a fix for this?

Hope to hear from you all.
Thanks
Isn't the most likely thing that you broke something or didn't cable everything back when you disassembled the laptop to install the power jack?
Since you don't know what is broken, there is no way to determine if it can be "fixed"

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Thanks for the reply

The laptop screen is connected through one cable only and it is connected. As for anything got damaged while disassembly, that could be but nothing can be seen damaged, nor the connectors, of the screen, are damaged, one on the screen and one on the motherboard. the laptop works perfectly on an external display though.