[SOLVED] is there a way to port forward two routers "BOTH DHCP" ?

Mar 7, 2018
i have two routers Router 1 connected to the network

and Router 2 connects Ethernet to Router 1 and also Ethernet to me

Router 1 is DHCP

and router 2 is also DHCP (Linksys)

so i watched a video on how to port forward two routers

and what he did was to change router 2 to static ip and putting in router 1 the router 2 static ip and from router 2 to my ip address so the problem is i don't want to change my router to static ip address as i want to port forward my routers with both are DHCP is there a solution for it ?

or any other method i can use and it's easy to do ?

Solution
You would do it same way both with static and DHCP given IP's. The problem with using non-static IP's is that if for any reason, router 2 IP changes or your computer IP changes, port forwarding wont work anymore.

In practice, it is quite unlikely to change for anything that is on 24/7 and always connected. since timeout is usually like 48 hours and anything that is connected, is just given same IP again.

Personally I see no reason why anyone would use router2 as anything but accesspoint though.
You would do it same way both with static and DHCP given IP's. The problem with using non-static IP's is that if for any reason, router 2 IP changes or your computer IP changes, port forwarding wont work anymore.

In practice, it is quite unlikely to change for anything that is on 24/7 and always connected. since timeout is usually like 48 hours and anything that is connected, is just given same IP again.

Personally I see no reason why anyone would use router2 as anything but accesspoint though.

Solution